What is the importance of SSL Certificate in the website as per SEO Point of view?
I am promoting a website Dream Soft Infotech Pvt Ltd. But it does not have an SSL certificate. Kindly guide me "Is this mandatory to rank the website on Search Engine". Visit my website and send us your feedback on this.
If you’ve been doing online searches in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., you’ve noticed both HTTP and HTTPS sites. What is the difference between them, and is it important in terms of online marketing?
Let’s start with the basics.
In HTTPS, the additional “s” means “secure”. HTTPS sites include the SSL 2048-bit key and can protect a website connection through authentication and encryption. When you install an SSL for your site, it activates the padlock and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
Importance of SSL Certificate in SEO
Back in 2014, Google rolled out updated algorithms across the board in favor of HTTPS sites. Then, it was a lightweight component within the overall ranking algorithm and HTTPS website experienced only minor ranking increases. But Google indicated that they may strengthen the signal in the future.
Increased Google Rankings
Over 30% of the sites on the first page of Google are HTTPS, which is not a surprise, since Google has confirmed that they favor HTTPS sites.
Google adds criteria to the rankings algorithm when it has proven to provide better user experience. HTTPS protects your users’ information and your information from hackers.
Updated Browser Labels
Google is going to mark HTTP sites with a red triangle with a “Not Secure” label written in red.
Thanks a lot to give this information.
- Impact of SSL Certificate on Digital Marketing Aspects- SEO & Google Adwords
Earlier, SSL certificate was needed, just to collect private and sensitive data like payment transaction in ecommerce website. As the cybercrime ratio increased and growth in hacking activities, it has now become important get protection in place. Google have announced that amongst all other factors in line, Enabling SSL certificate in the website is one important factor for a slight boost in SEO ranking. It is a small reward for the website using secured site. To be in Google good book, it’s important to convert website from HTTP to HTTPS.
- If the website is not secured, it will display a warning sign.
- This eventually leads the visitors leave the site.
- Due to which competitors having secured website will be benefited.
- It’s now a vital as well as good SEO practice that can be implemented.
Now, Google is also making it a mandate to have secured website, or it will remove product listing ads, if it’s not SSL Certificate enabled.
- It secures the payment data and other sensitive information.
- Hence, it’s must for ecommerce website.
- Payment transaction will be done with secured website only.
- It’s Google’s policy that the product listing or account shall be compliant with local laws.
- If certificate is not linked with shopping cart sites, it may be considered as rules violation.
thanks for giving me this information.
SSL certificate makes some trust in users about your website, Now a days every users want open only safe website which does not have any type of virus or anything... and SSL gives this trust by that security service.
No major change from seo point of view.