someshwar@technologycounter.com

Can i use 2 HA1 Tag on single page

I am confuse about two h1 tag on a single page, so suggest me can I use 2 H1 tag on single landing page. and also suggest me its is beneficial for my SEO ranking.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies
4 Users
Sort replies:
lvedan
by @lvedan (130), 2 years ago

I usualy stick to one h1 tag. Ti is the most important idea of the page. Think of like the chapter of a book.

user78833629
by @user78833629 (120), 2 years ago

google is confused if it has 2 h1 tags

ms
by @ms (3850), 2 years ago

For 99% of cases, I don't see any reason to use more than one H1.

Each page should be about something. The main topic - page title, should be your H1. As long as you need two H1s, you are probably merging two topics, that would better work separated (each has its own page and H1). H1 has the greatest semantical weight on the site, while weight of H2 is lower and so on. Heading structure in HTML is a tree (with single root - H1). What would be your semantical root if you had two H1s? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Feel free to drop a link (in code) to show us the page where you're considering multiple H1s. But again, as long as you feel you need two H1 headings, you should split the page into two separate pages.

someshwar@technologycounter.com

Hello @ms

Thanks for the response. I really agree with you but recently

John Mueller said:

“You can use H1 tags as often as you want on a page. There’s no limit, neither upper or lower bound.

Your site is going to rank perfectly fine with no H1 tags or with five H1 tags.”

So right now I'm using two H1 tags on my website, so please check once the URL. I hope it's not against the community guidelines to post naked URLs.

Please check my page - https://technologycounter.com/hr-software/india

I waiting for your reply.

Regards Somesh

ms
by @ms (3850), 2 years ago

Again, there is no problem, the syntax of multiple H1 is correct, the question is why would you need that. And if you need two H1s, use them. I just suggest a little bit of thinking before you do so, because normally, you don't need more than one H1.

Join the forum to unlock true power of SEO community

You're welcome to become part of SEO Forum community. Register for free, learn and contribute.