Google to crawl sites over HTTP/2 from November 2020

ms
by @ms (3850), 3 years ago

According to this article published yesterday, Googlebot will support crawling selected sites over HTTP/2.

The reason is reason is simple. Newest major release of HTTP protocol is faster and more efficient, therefore using less resources while crawling (on the server side). So it's webmasters wish becoming reality.

However, seems like a test on some selected websites. Google will be crawling more sites over HTTP/2 in the future.

This Googlebot update will have no effect on ranking.

Posted by Martin Senko

PHP (Laravel) backend programmer and data-oriented SEO explorer. Seoforum is my hobby project where I develop, discuss and take care of members comfort. Feel free to post under Meta if you need anything. Or report bugs here https://seoforum.com/thread/site-issues-and-errors

Easy way to contact me directly: scroll down, visit Contact Us page and hit me up with your email.

Join the forum to unlock true power of SEO community

You're welcome to become part of SEO Forum community. Register for free, learn and contribute.

You may also like:

1 Comment

skylingdigital
by @skylingdigital (38), 3 years ago

Really?

I wasn't aware of it. I just wrote a blog on Search Ranking Algorithm. It really impacted many websites ranking, traffic and revenue in the last 1-2 months.